The result: The Dempsey Roll.
So, here's the workout!
Ippo's Comeback Workout
- 3 Mile Run
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
- 3 Minutes Jump Rope
- 2 Minutes Dodging Tennis Balls
- 1 Minute Rope Drill
- Run 2 Miles
- 5 Sets of 100 Yard Wheelbarrow Push or Other Push
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Mitt Hitting
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Bagwork
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Shadowboxing
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Sparring
- For Dodging Tennis Balls, you'll have a partner bounce tennis balls at your upper body as you bob and weave to dodge them. It's best to do it, where there is a wall that is about four or five feet behind you so you can be mindful of the balls bouncing off the wall, as well.
- For the Rope Drill, you'll want to have a rope tied at about shoulder height, preferably at a length of about 15-20 feet, so you have enough room to move. First, you'll just move forward, while ducking underneath the rope and slipping to the other side. Then, you'll need to work on throwing a punch with that movement, like a hook or uppercut.
- This workout is intentionally a little easier than some of the recent Ippo workouts, but don't worry, they'll pick up the pace again soon enough.